MENA Aerospace Enterprises Choose Megadoor for Bahrain International Airport
Megadoor has recently secured an order from MENA Aerospace Enterprises for installation of two hangar doors for the new general aviation and hangar complex at Bahrain International Airport (BIA).
The new complex will feature 6,400m² of buildings sitting on a plot of 25,000m² at the north-west end of the airport. The complex will provide comprehensive maintenance and support service to private and corporate aircraft.
The Megadoor system consists of vertical lifting fabric doors with a total clearance dimension of 45m in width x 15.5m in height. Megadoor also provides project and design support to the contractor, Hafeera Contracting and is responsible for installation and commissioning. The new complex is scheduled to be operational in March 2012.
When completed, the Megadoor installation will offer a number of major benefits, including:
- The ability to open the two hangars fully at the same time
- Full access across the hangar width, for maximum utilisation of hangar capacity
- No floor tracks and practically no door footprint
- Fast, reliable performance and easy operation
- Long lifetime, low operating cost
- Excellent air tightness and wind resistance
- Minimal maintenance need. Easy to repair
Derek Salmons, area sales manager for Megadoor in the Middle East region says: “We are very proud to be associated with this project, especially because MENA Aerospace is aiming to be one of the first aerospace companies in the Middle East to have a leadership in energy and environmental design (LEED)-compliant MRO and hangar facility, a requirement for which our doors are ideally suited.”