Aero Facility chooses Megadoor for Emergency Hangars in Japan
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems has recently secured an order from Aero Facility Ltd for the installation of a Megadoor hangar door for a new helicopter hangar complex in Japan.
The government is planning to build a total of 47 emergency complexes in the country during 2012. Each complex comprises of one or two helicopter hangars, with openings up to 30m wide. The complexes will provide comprehensive maintenance and support services to the emergency air operations in the country.
The Megadoor system consists of vertical lifting fabric doors with a total clearance dimension of 15m width x 5m in high. Megadoor will also provide project and design support to the contractor, Aero Facility Ltd, and is responsible for installation and commissioning.
When completed, the Megadoor installation will offer a number of major benefits, including:
- Fast, reliable performance and easy operation.
- Full access across the hangar width, for maximum utilization of hangar capacity.
- No floor tracks and practically no door footprint.
- Long lifetime, low operating cost.
- Excellent air tightness and wind resistance.
- Minimal maintenance need. Easy to repair.
Richard Gibbons, area sales manager for Megadoor in the Asia Pacific region says, "We are very proud to be associated with this project, which represents the first door of this type to be provided in Japan, and will set a good foundation on which to build."