Future Fibre Technologies (FFT) manufactures and markets a complete family of fence-mounted fibre-optic perimeter intrusion detection and perimeter security systems, with hundreds of installations in more than 50 countries. FFT security systems protect many commercial and military airport perimeters, as well as aviation equipment facilities.
Future Fibre Technologies’ business is totally focused on the security industry, and FFT is the world leader in the design and development of fibre-optic sensing technologies for security applications. Its advanced security systems detect and locate perimeter intrusions, third-party interference (TPI) on oil and gas pipelines, and also protect sensitive data communications cables.
Airport perimeter protection
FFT has the complete family of advanced fiber-optic intrusion detection systems catering from the smallest simple two-zone site up to the largest and most critical sites, delivering a full range of end-to-end PIDS solutions for all airport perimeter security applications. Each of these high-performance intrusion detection solutions set the industry benchmarks for both detection sensitivity and the advanced control of nuisance alarms.
A single FFT Secure Fence perimeter security system protects perimeter fences up to 80km long, pinpointing the location of intrusions to as close as 10m. Multiple systems can be networked to monitor more complex sites and longer distances. FFT’s artificial intelligence (AI) and advanced signal discrimination prevents nuisance alarms, whilst maintaining maximum sensitivity to intrusion activities. Secure Fence works equally well on chainmesh, chainlink, weldmesh and palisade-style fences and is installed at airports around the world.
Sensitive fiber-optic intrusion detection systems
FFT Aura is a premium, medium range, highly sensitive fiber-optic intrusion detection system that can be applied to both fence-mounted and buried applications. It is designed to detect intrusions on most types of fences and can be covertly buried in the ground across open areas to detect footsteps or a combination of both.
In addition it can cater for critical airport sites demanding hardened solutions that require continuous operation in the event of a damaged or cut sensor cable. FFT Aura sets the standard for detection sensitivity and resilience, delivering both sensitivity and flexibility.
FFT Secure Zone provides either 8 or 16 hardware zones perimeter intrusion detection and protection in a single system. It is simple to install with no power or electronics in the field, and multiple perimeter security systems can be networked for sites requiring more zones. Secure Zone perimeter protection works on chainmesh, chainlink and weldmesh-style fences.
Zoned fibre-optic perimeter intrusion detection system
FFT Secure Point is an entry level dual hardware zoned fibre-optic perimeter intrusion detection system, recalibrating the industry expectations for both sensitivity and the control of nuisance alarms. Powerful yet easy to configure, it is sensitive enough to work on almost all fence types, without the need to house the sensor cable in conduit.
With an FFT Secure Point system, you can detect intrusions on shorter perimeter fences with as few as two zones such as tank farms, without the cost or need for power or electronics to be installed in the field, also making it intrinsically safe. The simple installation, reliability and maintenance-free operation delivers the lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO).
Central alarm monitoring system
All of these systems interface to the FFT CAMS central alarm monitoring system, which displays, monitors and controls alarm signals through a simple-to-understand GUI (graphical user interface). It provides security staff with a simple to understand multilingual alarm monitoring system that interfaces to and controls a wide variety of devices and software including CCTV cameras, a broad range of security management systems including Lenel, Modbus, Milestone, as well as military systems including JBC2s and TASS to name just a few.
FFT CAMS delivers a seamless solution for controlling cameras when a perimeter intrusion alarm is received, and integrates all of the key elements of your airport security system into a common operating environment.
Some advantages of FFT’s perimeter security for airports include:
- Value proposition; all FFT products deliver outstanding price and performance benefits and are simple to install and maintain
- FFT is the world leader in fibre optic intrusion detection, pioneering the use of Artificial Intelligence, advanced signal processing and intelligent algorithms to eliminate nuisance alarms in perimeter security applications without compromising on its sensitivity to intrusion activities
- Proven in-field experience with thousands of kilometers of intrusion detection successfully installed and operational at hundreds of sites around the world including military and commercial airports
- Powerful, yet easy to use and understand FFT CAMS GUI operator interface. It is available in a range of languages and also delivers a seamless solution for controlling cameras and other devices when a perimeter intrusion alarm is received
- Peace of mind with FFT’s global 24-month warranty, backed up by their global network of offices providing after sales support in more than 50 countries
- The complete range of end-to-end perimeter security solutions from the smallest to the largest, as well as the most demanding airports across the world, all from FFT’s partners located around the world
FFT’s distinct performance advantage has been clearly recognised, with some of the most security-conscious industrial, military and government organisations in the world installing FFT intrusion detection systems for their protection; these include:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- General Dynamics
- US Army
- US Air Force
- US Navy
- Lockheed Martin
- British Petroleum (BP)
- Exxon Mobil
- US Department of Homeland Security
- US Border Patrol
- Singapore Ministry of Defence
- Australian Department of Defence
- Domestic, international and military airports around the world
As the market leader in the perimeter security industry, FFT has made a detailed report on the global trends in perimeter security available to Airport Technology subscribers. Titled Boundaries of