The SD series mobile ground power units from Power Systems International are designed to replace the traditional, noisy, air polluting diesel engine driven GPUs, with the latest development in solid state frequency converters.
The SD 400Hz converters accept a wide range of input voltages and frequencies and can be plugged into the normal 50Hz or 60Hz mains power source. These power systems produce a stable 400Hz output and utilise the latest in IGBT power conversion PWM inverter switching technology, to provide 400Hz ground power for all types of passenger and military aircraft – all with an extremely flexible, cost effective, energy efficient "point of use" system, suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
The users of the familiar, traditional diesel sets will recognise the obvious benefits of using an all electrical SD GPU: no combustion smells, smoke, fumes, toxic emissions, air pollution, fuel storage / spillage / bills and no engine start battery or engine maintenance costs. With the demanding environmental standards for airports ever escalating, the need for lean, mean and green solutions like the SD GPUs, is ever more present.
A variety of additional added-value components are available from Power Systems International, including service pits, cabling and connectors, under-bridge installation, crocodiles and cable reeling systems – ensuring a comprehensive, convenient and innovative response to project specific requirements.
- Little audible noise
- No vibration
- Maintenance inspection once a year
- Simple fault diagnostics
- Repairs can be made quickly by the user
- No mechanical parts to wear out
- 25 years design life
- Isolation from external power disturbances
- Can be handled by one person
- Highly stable chassis mounted on large wheels
- Towable up to 20kMPH
- Large pneumatic tyred wheels
- Tow-bar actuated parking brake
- All weather IP54 high visibility enclosure
- Stowage for input and output flexible cables
SD Optional Features:
- Military class rugged construction
- Ingress protection IP42 and IP54
- Extended temperature range: from -20C to +50C
- Dual output for connecting two cables and two aircraft connectors
- Parallel load sharing configuration for multi-modules
- Output contactor control interface from the aircraft connector
- Aircraft interlock bypass circuits
- No break power transfer to aircraft power circuit
- Line drop compensation
- Remote voltage sensing and control for long cable lengths
- Mobile version on towable trolley or trailer
- Horizontal style for mounting under passenger loading bridge
- Secondary output of 28V DC, 600A for battery charging and helicopter engine starting