Lufthansa Consulting Airport Operations and Management Advisory Services
Experts of the Lufthansa Consulting’s Airports principal unit provide added value for successful business development to decision makers of airport management companies, government entities, private and public sector investors and international financial institutions.
Advisory by Lufthansa Consulting enables clients worldwide to effectively achieve their business objectives by focusing on the following core areas:
- Process optimization in key performance areas across all airport operational domains
- Revenue and cost optimization in the aeronautical and non-aeronautical field
- Service quality and experience enhancement for customers and users
Our integrated approach to opportunities in airport operations reflects the extensive experience in key competence areas of both, the airline and airport business as well as that of a regulator.
Airport operations and sustainable development
Facing the future trends and challenges in safety, security, capacity and environment airport managers are confronted with increasingly demanding requirements from their clients.
Taking a processes centered approach Lufthansa Consulting’s diversified airport services portfolio enables multiple synergies in passenger and cargo handling for management companies or authorities of smaller airports or large multimodal hubs.
From strategic planning to process implementation we offer targeted and innovative consulting services to our clients seeking performance excellence in airport operations and management:
- Airport operations: Applying collaborative decision making concept principles to optimize landside and airside operational processes while freeing latent capacities to achieve productivity and efficiency gains
- Strategic airport development planning: integrating master and functional planning of infrastructure and facilities with effective compliance with emerging regulatory requirements. Driven by international best-practices the solutions are tailored to local conditions and the airport’s business environment and strategy
- Airport service quality management: Introducing effective concepts to monitor and enhance the level of service for various customers at the airport, including key performance areas and indicators approach, quality management instruments and a reward/recognition policy and programs
Airport strategy and management
We offer valuable advice to airport management in developing successful and sustainable business strategies.
- Air service development: Exploring the potential of additional traffic generation through market environment and potential analysis. Targeted client marketing and pro-active traffic generation enables sustainable airport business growth for hub or spoke scenarios
- Airport aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenue enhancement: Developing a holistic revenue optimization strategy to identify and expand benefits from profitable air services. Continuous harmonization of business processes combined with the application of advanced reporting and incentive schemes will unfold productivity potential of resources and significant financial benefits
- Airport public private partnerships: Bringing in the perspective of the complete air transport value chain, Lufthansa Consulting became a recognized strategic advisor for the preparation and implementation of airport public private partnership projects to public sector contracting authorities as well as private sector investors and consortia.
Specialized services and methods support clients in achieving their goals.
Products and Services
Following intensive and fruitful joint team work, Almaty International Airport and Lufthansa Consulting recently finalized their comprehensive master plan development project. Kazakhstan's largest international airport is now on the right track to face the future challenges in its market environment and meets international safety standards.Read more
Russian airport, Baikal, located in Ulan-Ude, the capital of Republic of Buryatia in south-eastern Siberia, was acquired in May 2011 by Metropol, an international investment and industrial group with Russian capital, in order to develop the transport infrastructure of the region.Read more
As part of its development and growth strategy, Lufthansa Consulting has established new management structures and reorganised responsibilities for its regional sales activities and projects.Read more
Lufthansa Consulting will attend Routes Africa in Victoria, Seychelles. The aviation experts welcome airport and airline representatives to exhibition stand no. 5 in the refreshment area.Read more
Russian company Air Catering-Vladivostok LLC is in the process of constructing a new cargo facility at Vladivostok International Airport. The modern terminal is scheduled to start operations prior to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Organization (APEC) summit in September 2012.Read more
From 24 to 26 June 2012, Lufthansa Consulting will take part in the Routes CIS event in Ekaterinburg, Russia. Delegates from the company's dedicated CIS team will be delighted to welcome visitors to its exhibition, which is located at stand no.10 at the entrance of the meeting hall.Read more
Lufthansa Consulting has been commissioned by the Hellenic Republic to advise in the development of public-private partnership arrangements for 37 regional airports. The project is part of a larger restructuring effort by the Greek Government to privatise state companies and infrastructure.Read more
At the Routes Europe event in Tallinn from 20 - 22 May 2012, at booth 19, Lufthansa Consulting will present a solution to help small and medium-sized airlines plan their fleets and networks.Read more
The Romanian airport owner and operator Infra Group has commissioned Lufthansa Consulting as strategic advisor in the development of a new international airport, Bucharest South International, in Bucharest.Read more
In an initial project in 2010 TRIP Linhas Aéreas, the largest regional airline in South America, and Lufthansa Consulting worked together on network optimisation and fleet plan validation.Read more