Fibre Net FibreFENCE
Frangible, Interference-Free Fences & Crash Gates
Founded in 2001 in Udine (north-east of Italy) FIBRE NET is a worldwide leader in design, development and production of FRP (Fiber Reinforced Polymers) products and systems, mainly used into construction, building consolidation, energy, transport and industry sectors.
Founded in 2001 in Udine (north-east of Italy) FIBRE NET is today worldwide leader in design, development and production of FRP (Fiber Reinforced Polymers) products and systems, mainly used into construction, building consolidation, energy, transport and industry sectors.
Frangible fencing systems
We developed a unique technology to manufacture radio-transparent, frangible fencing systems to cope with most demanding airport requirements in terms of security, access control and low maintenance costs.
Airport perimeter fences
Fibre Net FIBREFENCE airport perimeter fences main components (mesh, vertical posts, wind-bracings, outrigger arms) are made with composite fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP), namely continuous glass fibers impregnated with thermosetting resins matrix, while small accessories, fittings and fastening components are made with Stainless or Galvanized steel.
Main advantages of Fibre Net FIBREFENCE systems are:
- Full Radio-Transparency: no interferences with any landing aids devices (ILS, MLS, GLS, TLS, NDB, VOR, DME) or Radars.
- Calibrated frangibility: strong enough to avoid intrusions, but fragile enough to reduce possible airplane damages in case of out-track landing
- No visual interference for the security personnel supervising the surrounding areas
- Wildlife intrusion control: fence bottom section can be made with narrow mesh to avoid small animals intrusion, without affecting overall costs and visual interference
- Excellent resistance to weathering (in particular, good response to brisk changes in temperature and severe environmental conditions) and UV rays.
- Low-cost when compared with other radio-transparent fencing solutions
- Simple and fast installation
- Zero maintenance needed, lifespan virtually unlimited
- Compatibility with most common access control systems
Fibre Net FIBREFENCE systems fully comply with to ICAO standards in terms of security (ref. Aerodrome Design Manual – Part 6 – Frangibility – 1st Edition 2006) and airport infrastructures (ref. Aerodromes Design/Operations – Volume 1 – 4th Edition July 2004 and following amendments and integrations). Furthermore, can be easily tailored to fulfill dimensional specifications according to local Civil Aviation Authorities requirements.
Specific technical solutions have been developed by Fibre Net to comply with the Italian Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC) and foreign aviation authority standards, therefore Fibre Net FIBREFENCE fencing systems have been already approved and adopted by these organizations. Special projects have been developed in co-operation with military forces to face even more demanding application.