With the current methodology of runway condition monitoring, when a runway is contaminated by ice...
The Skiddometer CFME system is designed for easy towing with any vehicle.
It incorporates features and improvements gained from more than forty years of experience. The product’s proven lifecycle cost is the lowest in the market. Only a few of the Skiddometer’s parts are exposed to wear, so maintenance and calibration are only needed once a year.
The trailer is designed to last for decades and all models can be updated with current parts and the latest computer system. The trailer can be equipped with a watering system to have the ability to check rubber accumulation on runways.
- Reliability in all weather conditions: no batteries required, no complicated and failure sensitive hydraulic or pneumatic systems
- Simple, robust and practical design with measuring and reference wheels in line: redirecting reference wheel’s power to measuring wheel provides reduced drag and better stability
- The easiest calibration check on the market, confirmed with one button operation
- Accurate data validation
- Unique self-zero adjustment
- Determine friction values, so corrective action can be taken
- Fast, continuous, accurate and reliable friction measurements for the entire length of the runway
- Easy and efficient data transfer utilising Cloud-based web service solutions and map views
- Aircraft can take more payload when friction is at a certain level (landing and take-off)
- Precise information for scheduling maintenance such as snow and ice removal
- Precise information on need to remove rubber accumulation
- Constant detailed information on the condition of the runway surface
The Skiddometer Touch Screen Computer is used to record measuring data. It has been developed in close co-operation with several international airport customers, following the success story of older MI-series computers. The touchscreen computer takes friction measuring to a whole new level. It utilises commercial tablet computers.
Software is designed to be used on any Android or Windows-based tablet on the market. Together with the Web Service, Touch Screen Computer is the most modern system available. CAN-based communication allows easy integration of additional equipment and makes friction testing equipment to a multipurpose machine.
The computer has many advantages:
- Easy to use, large screen
- GPS with map view
- Screen display and printouts follow ICAO and FAA standards
- Unlimited measuring data saved on memory and Skiddometer Web Service accessible via web browser
- Printouts can be made from external printer in or outside the vehicle.
Surface Temperature and contaminant type combined with friction values are critical information for airports to ensure safe landing conditions. It’s also important for runway maintenance to optimise cleaning and de-icing. It’s also necessary information to provide correct SNOWTAM report.
The Skiddometer CFME system can be equipped with optical surface contaminant sensor. It’s a great addition to determine surface conditions. Information such as surface temperature, contaminant type such as slush, snow, water or ice can be seen together with friction information on measuring computer.
Skiddometer BV11 can be equipped with wireless communication. Then usage of cable between the trailer and computer is unnecessary and makes attaching the trailer easier for the user. Only hook up the trailer to tow ball and start measuring. Communication can be selected between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi whichever is the most suitable option for the user. Power comes from an on-board battery. The wireless communication doesn’t prevent using traditional cable communication and power supply.
Does the airport support the cockpit crew to carry out performance calculation? A runway condition...
GRF regulations demand knowledge on aircraft performance. Contaminant selection and runway condition code (RWYCC) assessment...
In GRF regulations, the inspector has to consider several inputs when he/she is assessing the...