AJT cabs are designed and manufactured in a range of shapes and sizes to meet the customer requirements.
Cost and efficiency are central to the design and fabrication process. The cabs are fully outfitted by experienced tradesmen in AJT’s shop, tested, disassembled and shipped to the project site.
The modular nature of the cabs allows for assembly and deployment in the field as soon as it arrives. This approach can also save up to three months of the construction schedule. The design conforms to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and International Civil Aviation Organization (IACO) standards, as well as meeting the individual needs of each airport.
AJT’s team of designers works closely with the airports or authorities, as well as the tower shaft designers to record the requirements of the new cabin. Experienced architects and engineers have worked on over 20 air traffic control towers (ATCT) projects worldwide.
Detailed design and product data is submitted for review and fabrication begins upon review. The steel framework is fabricated in a controlled shop environment with certified tradesmen. The cab is the outfitted with the exterior envelope with licensed siding and roofing personnel, and the glazing storefront system is installed.
The interior is outfitted with a range of options to include complete console furnishings and raised computer flooring, as well as ceiling and dimmable lighting fixtures.
Break area, sink, and appliances are available optionally, as well as isolated equipment electrical circuits and multipoint grounding. Once completely tested, the cab is split, shrink-wrapped and shipped for installation on site.
- Multiple glazing options
- Sunshades (manual and motorised)
- Black ceiling tile and fixtures
- Turret, strip holders, holes and penetrations where needed
- Wrist guard edges, plexiglass document indents
- Base cabinets built as required
- Electrostatic dissipating carpet
- Dimmable pin spotlight
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) includes quiet efficient slim-line systems
- Incorporated shaft HVAC into cab sills
- Isolated power panel and equipment ground
- Complete accommodation for radio equipment
- Pull down 1,000lb rated roof access stair
- PVC or TPO roof system