Tom Jobim International Airport, earlier known as Antônio Carlos Jobim/Galeão International Airport, is the biggest and the second busiest international airport in Brazil.
AEG Power Solutions has more than 60 years experience providing robust and rugged powersystems to the airport industry. We are a leader for dependable and reliable systems and offer a complete range of world-class AC and DC power systems which protect and control products and have alifetime of more than a 20 year lifetime. We deliver the industry-leading systems you need to protect your production process, to ensure optimal uptime and to deliver maximum return on your investment by reducing lifetime costs.
AEG Power Solutions serves all end-customers: national airport companies, as well as intermediaries such as design and construction companies. AEG Power Solutions provides support throughout the whole project life cycle, from preparation of specifications (front-end engineering and design), product delivery and installation, to testing, commissioning, after sales service and maintenance.
Power systems for airport infrastructure, runways and signals
For airport infrastructure, runway and signal, AEG Power Solutions offers an optimised portfolio of:
- UPS (0.3kVA – 1.0 MVA)
- Inverters (2kVA – 160kVA)
- Chargers/Rectifiers (5A – 2000A) and DC systems
- Power controllers up to 6000A
- Modular industrial power supplies
- Solar systems
- Switch mode power supplies
These serve a range of applications including:
AEG Power Solutions
- Navigational aids
- Fire and gas detection systems
- Data processing
- Radio and telecommunications
- Emergency lighting
- Emergency shutdown
- ESD systems
- Fire fighting
- Instrumentation and process control
- Turbine protection
Power systems and services for airports
Our range of power systems and servies for the airport industry includes:
- Analytical services: power quality analysis, power surveys, thermal imaging, load bank testing, training, refurbishment and midlife upgrades, engineering
- Installation services: pre-delivery surveys, electrical installation, system integrity testing, commissioning, specialist logistics, rental equipment
- Battery services: installation, routine maintenance testing, replacement and disposal, discharge testing, impedance testing
- Pro-care services: commissioning, preventive maintenance and fully comprehensive life long service contracts
The Protect RCS DC system (SPRe/TPRe) has been developed and designed to provide high reliability power supply and battery charging capability.
The Protect RCS DC system is a thyristor-controlled rectifier suitable for charging nickel-cadmium or lead-acid batteries while supplying DC loads. It can also be used without batteries as direct power supplies.
Complete modular airport power solutions
The Protect MIP offers a new way of achieving reliable and cost-efficient protection for all airport applications. A modular and scalable design with hot-swappable rectifier modules assures low mean-time to repair, reduction in the service cost and meets changing needs and future expansion.
Available with three rectifier configurations in wall-mounted cabinets and nine rectifier configuration in stand-alone cabinet, it is suitable for charging many types of lead or nickel-cadmium batteries. It can also be used as a direct power supply without batteries.
AEG’s online double conversion UPS system
AEG’s brand new modern Protect 8 is a true on-line double conversion UPS, with low maintenance cost, reduced operating costs, air conditioning requirements and battery Ah requirements.
Operating at high and constant efficiency even at low output power, Protect 8 offers high reliability (no potentiometers), high flexibility (software controlled parameters) and fast dynamic response by full digital control and high overload capacity.
The Protect 8 also offers:
- Online operation ensures permanent service
- Microprocessor-driven control and command system provides reliable power supply
- Battery management system boosts battery life and cuts operating costs
- Broad range of output power ratings, battery autonomy times and options meet complex industrial application needs
- High level protection for users and connected equipment (high intermittent overload capacity, high level short-circuit strength)
Unique modular building-block UPS configurations include:
- Single systems
- Parallel systems
- Asymmetrical rectifier and SBS power for special battery configuration
- Customised input/output voltages
Prince Mohammed Bin Abdul Aziz International Airport (PMIA), also called Al-Madinah International Airport or Madinah Airport, is located in the north-east of Madinah, the capital city of the Madinah Region, Saudi Arabia.