Alstef ended 2015 with a record order intake of €90m, an increase of 100% compared...
Aéroports De Montréal (ADM) and their consultant Pellemon, a member of SNC Lavalin Group, have placed an order with Alstef Automation for a baggage handling system dedicated to USA-bound flights, which is to be installed in the relocated trans-border terminal at Montréal – Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport.
The order, which is of substantial value, is an important stage in Alstef’s development. It coincides with the creation of their subsidiary, Alstef Canada Inc., which has been established near the airport.
After an international call for tenders, ADM chose the system designed by Alstef, as the company has the expertise in the integration of the DCV Autover® system developed by Beumer in Germany, and has references in DCV systems (Toulouse-Blagnac airport and the Headquarters of Emirates in Dubai).
This system will be able to comply with the most complex American regulations in terms of security, and will keep track of individual passengers at each stage of the baggage screening and check-in procedure.
The installation has been designed to handle an average flow of 1440 bags per hour with peaks to 1800 bags per hour.
- Check-in desks and drop-off stations
- 100% hold baggage screening system including two PEDS at levels 1 and 2 and two EDS at levels 3 and 4 with photography of the bag and measure of its radioactivity before the PEDS control
- 105 DCV Beumer Autoca® running on a two kilometer-long loop
- 450 storage locations on two levels for early bags
- 45 sorting chutes and two linear motor carrousels for special bags
- Three linear motor carrousels for arrivals
- The SCADA supervision system with CCTV and display screens
- SIBag software package developed by Alstef for the control and operation of the installation
The construction works have started on-site and the system will be in operation at the end of October 2008.
ALSTEF will design, manufacture and install the complete baggage handling system for the the new...
ALSTEF will be exhibiting at Passenger Terminal Expo in Cologne, Germany, from 15-17 March.From check-in...
After supplying the baggage handling system for the new passenger terminal at Nizhny Novgorod Airport...