Vinci Concessions’ subsidiary VINCI Airports has been awarded a 40-year concession by the French Government to operate Faa’a International Airport (Tahiti International Airport) (PPT) in French Polynesia.

In the new concession company, VINCI Airports will have a 51% holding, while the remaining 49% stake will be held by French Polynesia.

According to the agreed terms, the new company will operate, promote, develop, maintain and upgrade the airport, which is considered the main airport and gateway to French Polynesia.

The company will also design, fund and conduct works to enhance service and operational efficiency at the airport.

VINCI Concessions CEO and VINCI Airports president Nicolas Notebaert said: “We are very proud that VINCI Airports has been selected as the successful tenderer for the Tahiti Faa’a airport concession, a mission that we will carry out alongside French Polynesia.

“We will be fully committed to making this airport a gateway that meets the needs and expectations of the region, both in terms of quality of service and environmental ambition, for the sustainable development of French Polynesia’s connectivity.”

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

VINCI said that the new concession is the first for the firm in a French overseas collectivity. It is also said to help the firm expand its reach in the Pacific region.

It said that the company looks to offer an efficient service to French Polynesia via sustainable traffic development ‘by mobilising its network of over 250 partner airlines.’

The operator added that it would rely on energy efficiency initiatives, as well as new solutions to help the airport reach net-zero emission (scopes one and two) goals.

In July, VINCI Airports secured a 40-year concession contract from the Government of Cape Verde to operate seven airports in the country.