The Charleston County Aviation Authority has awarded an $88m contract to Roy Anderson for the construction of a parking facility at Charleston International Airport in South Carolina, US.

The cast-in-place garage will feature more than 3,000 parking lots and will offer parking services to passengers visiting the airport.

Roy Anderson will be responsible for the refurbishment of the walkway / circulation area, as well as the development of a new pedestrian walkway and roadway under the contract.

Construction is scheduled to begin soon and will be completed by the end of 2020.

A new joint venture (JV) has been set up by Changi Airports International (CAI) and Chongqing Airport Group (CAGC).

Designated as Sino-Singapore Chongqing Airport Commercial Management, the JV is formed for the non-aeronautical businesses development at the Jiangbei international airport in China.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

CAGC is the major stakeholder in the JV with a stake of 51%, while the remaining 49% is owned by CAI.

“Mitie has been awarded a five-year contract extension to the existing £17m contract with London Gatwick International Airport.”

The JV was established as part of the Chongqing Connectivity Initiative (CCI) between Singapore and Chongqing.

It will focus on the improvement of commercial activities at the airport and will manage the parking areas and CIP facilities.

Ugandan authorities have opted for the Border Management System (BMS) of Gemalto to enhance the border-crossing experience of passengers arriving at the Entebbe international airport.

Gemalto will collaborate with local firm SCINTL for the development of the advanced solution, which will be based on Gemalto Visa Management System (VMS).

The scope of the contract includes delivery of the management system along with airport self-service eKiosks.

Deployment of the BMS is expected to be completed in 2019.

Mitie has been awarded a five-year contract extension to the existing £17m ($21.86m) contract with London Gatwick International Airport.

The company has been associated with London Gatwick since 2012 and the relationship will be continued until 2023 with the latest contract extension.

The contract will see Mitie offer electrical engineering support services covering the north and south terminals and other buildings at the airport. It will further provide plumbing, cleaning, and flooring services.