Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) hardware and modular software to provide civil aviation authorities with a scaleable, economical, and highly advanced system; AeroTrac systems are installed in major air traffic centers throughout Asia and central Europe. AeroTrac provides a cost-effective solution for meeting current air traffic needs. These systems can be expanded and are ready to fulfill new CNS/ATM requirements.
Telephonics Corporation has been serving the defense and aerospace industries for over 75 years. We are a global leader in high-technology electronic systems for military and commercial applications.
The company is organized into three operating divisions: Communications and Integrated Systems, specializing in intercommunications, wireless audio products, and air traffic management systems; Radar Systems, specializing in maritime surveillance radar, identification friend or foe interrogators, and homeland security; and the Systems Engineering Group, provider of air and missile defense threat analysis, combat systems engineering and analysis, and radar systems engineering and software development.
Telephonics is your complete turnkey solution. Our capabilities include system requirements definition, design and development, manufacturing and testing, installation and integration, and lifecycle logistical support. We pride ourselves on offering the most reliable, high-quality and cost-effective equipment on the market.
Air traffic management
The Telephonics AeroTrac NextGen air traffic control (ATC) automation system incorporates advanced functions of our field-proven ATC platforms with an innovative human machine interface (HMI). Other supporting tools are easily adjusted to customer practices under the guidance of ICAO and EuroControl standards. The system follows NextGen and SESAR development and is compliant to the ICAO’s ASBU approaches.
For over 40 years, Telephonics Corporation has been providing the expertise and advanced systems required for safe, efficient surveillance and air traffic management (ATM). From the planning stages to turnkey installation, Telephonics can assist in providing technical support and system solutions to ensure smooth, secure and effectual air traffic flow at airports and control centers around the world.
AeroTrac NextGen features:
- Advanced HMI features that provide an accurate situational awareness picture to controllers with ease of use
- Integrated electronic flight strips that reduce operator workload
- Integrated simulator with pseudo pilot and voice recognition capabilities for efficient and effective controller training
- Built-in features that allow for quick system configuration, airspace sectorization, and set-up time
- Interoperability for coordination among tower, approach, and air control centers from different ATC suppliers
- Seamless integration of collaborative decision making, arrival management and departure management system functions, reducing aircraft delays and resulting in lower carbon emissions
- Integrated datalink server to provide advanced controller-pilot data link communications / departure clearance communication
- Integrated data and voice recording systems
Monopulse secondary surveillance radar
The Sky Search-2000M combines our Sky Search 2000 Secondary Surveillance Radar and our advanced military Monopulse Secondary Surveillance Radar (MSSR) technology to achieve superior target reporting for civil ATC applications.
The core design concept for the Sky Search-2000M is ‘adaptability through modularity and interface flexibility’. The design of this system allows for quick and simple installation with radar processing capabilities that adapt to local site requirements.
Key features of the Sky Seach-2000M include:
- Modes 1, 2, 3/A, C, and S ELS/EHS
- Independent multi-channel automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B)
- Exceptional positional accuracy with amplitude monopulse azimuth calculation
- Automatic adaptive interrogation rate management that minimizes interrogations per FAA/CAA requirements
- Unique built-in calibration algorithm eliminates the need for a calibration parrot
- Comprehensive built-in test equipment (BITE) for ease of maintenance
- Interlace with up to four modes
- Azimuthal sector control
- Use of commercial-off-the-shelf components ensures supportability and minimizes lifecycle costs
Air surveillance radar system
The Sky Search-3000 is an air surveillance radar system featuring an integrated S Band primary surveillance radar (PSR) with a co-mounted MSSR and ADS-B system, providing terminal approach control surveillance. The system is developed in full compliance with ICAO and EuroControl standards.
The Sky Search-3000 combines all the performance features of the Sky Search-2000M with the following PSR features:
- Up to 80NM detection range
- Digital signal processing with adaptive parameter management to decrease false detection
- Weather detection processing channel providing six level intensity classifications per ICAO and FAA standards
- Solid state transmitter that is air cooled and fault tolerant
- Target output formats per ASTERIX Cat 1, 2, 8, and 48
- Modern local and remote control and monitoring system, BITE for user-friendly operation and maintenance
Telephonics' Sky Search-2000M combines our Sky Search Secondary Surveillance Radar with our advanced military-qualified Monopulse Secondary Surveillance Radar (MSSR) technology to achieve superior aircraft reporting for civil ATC applications.
Telephonics is set to showcase its electronic aviation systems for military and commercial applications at the AUSA Annual Meeting and the Dubai Air Show.
Telephonics Corporation has released a free white paper, titled AeroTrac: Advanced Air Traffic Management System.
Telephonics, the world leader in advanced military integrated sensor and communication systems technology, is set to showcase its products at Sea Air Space Expo 2013. The event takes place at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention centre, National Harbour, Maryland, US. Come and find Telephonics at stand 1803.
Telephonics Corporation (Telephonics), a wholly owned subsidiary of Griffon Corporation (NYSE:GFF), announces a contract awarded to its Systems Engineering Group (SEG) from the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Corona Division to support the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (ABMD) system.
Telephonics Corporation (Telephonics), a wholly owned subsidiary of Griffon Corporation (NYSE:GFF), today announced a second contract from the Russian manufacturer of the world-renowned Mi-8/17 family of helicopters, Kazan Helicopters, part of the Russian Helicopters company. Telephonics will supply eighty-five (85) RDR-1600 weather avoidance search and rescue radars to Kazan for installation on the Mi-17V-5 helicopters for delivery to the Indian Air Force.
Telephonics Corporation Awarded $33m Idiq Contract for Its Trulink Wireless Intercommunication System
Telephonics Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Griffon Corporation (NYSE:GFF), announced today that the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Life Cycle Command (AMCOM) in Huntsville, AL has awarded a five-year, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract for its TruLink Wireless Intercommunication System with a value of $33M.