Roberts International Airport (RIA), also known as Monrovia International Airport, is located in Harbel, Liberia.
Nanjing LES Information Technology Corporation (LES) is a high-technology specialist.
We are a worldwide market leader in the design, research and development (R&D), installation and integration of large-scale electronics systems, which focuses in air traffic control (ATC) industry.
More than 200 systems and terminals have been deployed in national and international airports, such as:
Nanjing LES Information Technology
- Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenyang and Urumqi Area Control Centres (ACCs)
- Qingdao, Hangzhou, Xiamen, Kunming, Nanjing and Guiyang International Airports
- Airports in Venezuela, Indonesia and Kenya
Air traffic control master and backup system
With experience in the design and manufacturing of ATC systems for civil and military applications, LES provides high-performance solutions suitable for tower control, approach control, en-route control and area control.
Our master/backup system includes:
- Control and monitoring subsystem
- Display subsystem
- Flight and radar data processing subsystems
- Radar information format conversion terminal
- Recording and playback subsystem
- Portable radar data protocol analyser
Its main functions consist of:
- Aeronautical fixed telecommunication (AFTN), Aerospace Industrial Development Corporation (AIDC) and Société Internationale de Télécommunications Aéronautique (SITA) message processing
- Airport approach surveillance data processing
- Automatic control area handoff
- Comprehensive technical support to provide long-term assistance and future upgrading
- Flight flow monitoring
- Integrated information system
- Meteorological data processing and nephogram display
- Multi-radar, automatic dependent surveillance (ADS) and controller-pilot data link communications (CPDLC) data fusion processing
- Reliable voice control communication system
- Synchronous record and playback for analysis and training
Simulation training system
LES’s training system provides the controller with a simulation platform implementing procedure control and radar control.
It is used for the training of control skills, operation procedures and control rules via the following:
- Training position setup
- Training scenario establishing
- Pilot operation simulation
Typical features include:
- Practical simulation training
- Meets different requirements from area centres, airports and colleges
- Combines control skill and on-duty training methods
- Features multiple man-machine interfaces (MMIs) to meet training requirements of different ATC system versions
- Promotes a distributed and open architecture for flexible quantity expansion of trainee and pilot positions
- Versatile training methods
- Shows visualised scenario editing and intuitional data for convenient modification
- Provides synchronous training support for multiple users and system data
- Offers flexible training standards, complete training recording and automatic training result evaluation
3D tower visual simulation training system
All training-related factors, such as airport environments and air traffic situations, can be simulated for controller training. These include accidents and special scenarios, such as bad weather (heavy rain, fog and sandstorms). The system connects with area control and approaches radar simulation systems to form lifelike training methods.
Advanced surface movement guidance and control system (A-SMGCS)
With its scalable and tailored capabilities, LES’s A-SMGCS provides airports with seamless gate-to-gate connection and improved control efficiency.
It has been successfully applied in various airports, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou and Nanjing International Airports.
The A-SMGCS can perform the following operations:
- Integrate information from surface movement radar (SMR), monopulse secondary surveillance radar (MSSR), multilateration (MLAT) and automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B) systems to generate dynamic and clear surface object movement situation and flight data list for controller
- Perform monitoring, routing and guidance to the surface aircrafts and vehicles, improve operation efficiency, guarantee all-weather surface movement safety
- Alert operators of any runway intrusion, taxiway conflict or parking apron occupation
Voice communication control system (VCCS)
LES supplies a multi-channel voice communication system for air traffic control applications. It simultaneously implements radio, telephone, intercommunications and public address via a configurable touchscreen interface.
Our VCCS system also implements the latest user interface technology, using colour touch-panels and editing tools for customised user interfaces.
- Advanced phone operations: conference, transfer and hold
- Auto sense of jack box and headset connection
- Caller identification of incoming calls
- Configurable user interface
- Indirect phone access for incoming and outgoing calls
- Monitoring and record capabilities of user position
- Queue control for incoming calls
- Remote maintenance
- Ring groups, speed dial and intercom system
- Supports connection of jack box for headset, speaker, headset and footswitch push-to-talk (PTT)
- Volume control, master outputs and microphone input from user interface
MLAT and ADS-B systems
Composed of multiple ground stations, LES’s MLAT-01 system receives signals from an aircraft and calculates its position, according to the received signals’ time difference of arrival (TDOA). The MLAT-01 is also used to enhance the surveillance capabilities of airport surface and area.
The MGC-01 ADS-B ground station is a high-performance tool used for airport, en-route and area surveillance. It is an effective and economic replacement for surveillance radar and complies with the 1090 ES and user acceptance testing (UAT) standards.
About Nanjing LES Information Technology
Established in 1988, LES is China’s largest ATC system specialist with more than 30 years’ experience. All of our systems are built according to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards.
We are China’s national ATC system global design unit and the leading ATC system provider for the Civil Aviation Administration of China.
The Pokhara Regional International Airport is under construction in Kaski District, Nepal and will replace the existing Pokhara Airport, which was commissioned in July 1958.