DAMM Cellular Systems’ TetraFlex Radio System has been selected to deliver mission-critical secure communication at Kannur International Airport in India.
The solution will be used by all airport operations and maintenance users to secure passengers’ safety with a reliable voice and data communication system for airport operations.
Kannur Airport will be the second Greenfield airport in Kerala, a state located in the southern region of India. With an area of 2,000 acres, KIAL will be the fourth international and also the largest airport in Kerala, the only state in India to have four international airports. The airport is being built with state-of-art infrastructure and is expected to have an approximate annual traffic of 1.65 million international and 160,000 domestic passengers in its first year of commercial operation.
DAMM TetraFlex Radio System provides the following salient features:
- Fully IP-based solution
- Decentralised architecture
- Compliance with the open TETRA standard ensures multi-vendor subscriber
- Provision to integrate into smartphones for designated users using the DAMM
TetraFlex Push-To-Talk (PTT) application
- Integrated voice and data logging solution for storage and playback
- Gateways for interconnection to PBX and conventional networks
- Easy integration, installation and commissioning
Consort Digital is the regional partner for DAMM Cellular Systems in India and will be supporting the delivery of the entire project to KIAL.