Bosnia and Herzegovina Directorate of Civil Aviation, BHDCA, introduced Air Traffic Services Message Handling System...
The new ATC automation system for the flight school and aviation training centre STPI of Indonesia has passed site acceptance tests in Tangerang.
After the successful completion of site acceptance tests for COMSOFT’s PRISMA in January 2010, STPI has obtained a modern ATC automation system that significantly raises the level and quality of training held for air traffic controllers. Future courses at the Indonesian flight centre will be based upon a field-proven ATC solution, incorporating all elements necessary for ATC automation.
COMSOFT has supplied comprehensive ATC training equipment, identical to an operational solution with the intention of creating a genuine environment with realistic scenarios. Its exclusive variation is the source of aircraft’s positional information, which is derived from simulator equipment supplied by Micro Nav Ltd. instead of real radar data or ADS-B data.
Ready for service on customers’ premises are now two complete systems based on COMSOFT’s sophisticated modular ATC automation solution PRISMA. While one system will be used for the training of becoming air traffic controllers, its identical counterpart will familiarise technical maintenance staff with their future work environment.
Both systems are composed of the following modules:
- A surveillance data processing system to produce a periodically updated accurate air situation picture
- A flight plan data processing system for processing flight plans and securing the coordination with adjacent ATS units
- A set of safety net functions for conflict detection
- A controller working position for the display of targets on customized maps
- An assistant working position for display and modification of flight plans
- The portable test and recording tool RAPS-3 for verification and analysis of surveillance data streams
The new training centre equipment will fully convey the look and feel of an operational centre. On-line dialogues with pseudo pilots allow for real-time simulation of the current air situation.
For product demonstrations and further information on PRISMA or other products please visit us at ATC Global 2010 in Amsterdam, 9-11 March, at stand H216.
French air navigation services, DSNA (in French, Direction des Services de la Navigation Aérienne) has...
Isavia ANS, Iceland’s Air Navigation Service Provider, has selected Frequentis Comsoft to upgrade its radar...
Frequentis Comsoft offers a wide range of solutions for air traffic management (ATM) applications. Systems...