Siemens Logistics has received an order to supply baggage handling and sorting technology for the...
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics GmbH (SPPAL) will be at inter airport Europe 2015 in Munich, Germany.
Munich Trade Fair will host the world-renowned event from 6-9 October 2015.
Siemens will present its comprehensive portfolio for airports and airlines at Stand 1260, Hall B5.
It will include innovative products and solutions in the fields of baggage and air cargo handling, as well as software and customer services.
The key topics at this year’s fair include:
- VarioSort tilt-tray sorter: This new solution helps airports to quickly and efficiently deal with large amounts of baggage
- Baggage vision system: A combination of optical character recognition (OCR)and barcode reading is the solution for non-readable bag tags.
- Air cargo systems and software: With freight volumes rising and storage capacity limited, solutions that increase throughput and efficiency are in demand.
- Operation and maintenance: Customised services from Siemens maximise the reliability and availability of baggage and cargo handling systems.
- Aviation software: Innovative solutions quickly and easily generate an overview of business processes at major airports, which are getting more and more complex.
Together with SPPAL’s subsidiary AXIT, Siemens will present a comprehensive software platform for the logistics industry. These cloud-based applications provide full data and process transparency for supply chains around the world.
The Smart Airports Conference takes place in parallel with inter airport and also examines key trends and developments in the aviation industry. Siemens experts will be there to share exciting insights into aviation software, innovative baggage handling, the latest air cargo developments, temporary and cost-efficient terminals as well as operation and maintenance.
Siemens’ experts are looking forward to welcoming existing and new customers at inter airport Europe and the Smart Airports Conference, and jointly discussing the trends and demands of the industry.
Siemens Logistics has received an order to upgrade the baggage handling system in Terminal 2...
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics has become known as its new name Siemens Logistics in...
At this year’s Passenger Terminal Expo, Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics (SPPAL) is presenting...