San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in California, US, embarked on a major renovation project to transform the old Terminal 1 into a world-class, environment-friendly passenger facility by 2024.
Parsons is a world-renowned leader in baggage-handling systems for airports. For more than 60 years, Parsons has been serving the transportation and aviation community – constantly applying its experience and knowledge to meet today’s challenges. The company has carried out projects valued at more than $155 billion at over 400 airports worldwide, and its team of professionals have an average ten to 15 years of industry experience each.
As one of the world’s largest and most diverse design, engineering, planning, and construction organizations, Parsons’ specialized solutions always meet clients’ requirements, regardless of project size, complexity or location. Parsons commits its superior service and expert resources to aviation clients around the globe.
Airport, airline, tenant and cargo security services
Now more than ever, airports put security at the forefront of all operations. Parsons’ current and emerging security technologies result in solutions that continue to meet the ever-evolving needs of its clients.
Parsons’ airport, airline, tenant and cargo security master-planning services include:
- Capital improvement program (CIP) review and cost studies
- Security program management
- Security systems engineering and integration
- Blast protection studies and analyses
- Terminal security reviews and audits
- Design and construction management of security systems, including access control, closed-circuit television (CCTV), and perimeter and facility security systems
- Design and construction management of operations security / crisis-command centers
- Implementation project management and project control
- Commissioning of security systems
- Technological evaluations of security systems
- Security telecommunications infrastructure
Baggage-handling and baggage-screening systems
Parsons’ technical excellence is proven by its track record. It has demonstrated expertise in the design, engineering, construction, project management and start-up of operations for advanced baggage-handling systems and baggage-screening projects.
Combined with its team’s knowledge of governing design standards and specifications – including European Union standards, IATA terminal design guidelines, FAA advisory circulars, TSA design criteria, and testing and commissioning requirements – Parsons achieves success by providing the most streamlined, customized solutions.
Parsons’ expertise in these areas includes engineering of in-line explosive detection systems (EDS) for checked-baggage screening; engineering for retrofit projects of baggage-handling systems; in-line security screening design and protocols; scope development including engineering work, schedules and budget; program and construction management services; and start-up and commissioning services.
Airports that have used Parson’s baggage-handling expertise include:
- Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Reina Beatrix International Airport
- Winnipeg International Airport
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Houston Airport System
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport
- Lester B Pearson International Airport
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
Tom Jobim International Airport, earlier known as Antônio Carlos Jobim/Galeão International Airport, is the biggest and the second busiest international airport in Brazil.
100 M Street SE
Washington, DC 20003
United States of America