Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
December 20, 2018updated 21 Dec 2018 12:08pm

Deals and M&As this week: Leonardo, Emirates Airline, Aegean Airlines

Leonardo has secured a contract from Aeroporti di Roma SpA to offer technical maintenance services at two airports in Italy.

Leonardo has secured a contract from Aeroporti di Roma SpA to offer technical maintenance services at two airports in Italy.

The baggage handling systems at the Rome Fiumicino Intercontinental Airport and the Rome Ciampino International Airport will be managed and maintained by Leonardo for four years, under the contract.

The €96m ($109.4m) contract has been awarded to the partnership of Leonardo and Siemens. Leonardo accounts for 84% of the contract value, while the remaining 16% is held by Siemens.

The contract also includes a four-year extension option.

Emirates Airline has expanded its existing codeshare agreement with the South African flag carrier South African Airways (SAA) in order to enhance their strategic co-operation.

The extension agreement enables customers of both airlines to travel to new destinations. It will also enhance connectivity between the UAE and South Africa.

Content from our partners
The field guide to safer roads and runways
Preventing FOD: Top measures for keeping airport operating areas safe and fully operational

The new agreement complements the original codeshare agreement signed between the two parties in 1997.

“UK-based airport parking services provider SkyParkSecure has been acquired by the Manchester Airports Group (MAG) for an undisclosed sum.”

It enables SAA to offer seats to its customers on eight Emirates-operated flights regularly travelling between South Africa and Dubai.

Aegean Airlines, a low-cost airline service provider based in Greece, has agreed to expand its existing codeshare agreement with EgyptAir.

The expansion agreement allows customers of EgyptAir to travel to more destinations across the European continent.

It further enables Aegean customers to access EgyptAir’s flights travelling to destinations in Egypt, the Middle East, and Africa.

UK-based airport parking services provider SkyParkSecure has been acquired by the Manchester Airports Group (MAG) for an undisclosed sum.

The acquisition is intended to bolster MAG’s existing online parking service portfolio and enable it to offer a range of parking services to its customers.

It will result in the integration of SkyParkSecure with MAG’s airport services division.

SkyParkSecure co-founder and managing director Dean Pailing will join MAG as a result of the acquisition.

Related Companies

Topics in this article:
NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Monday. The airport industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU