The Skiddometer BV11VI (Vehicle Integration) is the latest innovation in friction measurement. Its proven technology has been adapted to use a hydraulic lift system with the Skiddometer BV11 and the Skiddometer Touch Screen computer, to provide better vehicle integration.
This new and simple construction allows the Skiddometer unit to be installed easily on any brand of pickup truck available on the market without modifications to the vehicle itself. It´s even possible to utilise your existing or locally available vehicles and do the assembly on site. Friction measurement can take place during the worst possible weather conditions, and now any vehicle can be used to perform the measurement, including safe four-wheel drives designed for such conditions.
- Well proven Skiddometer BV11 and the Skiddometer Touch Screen Computer
- Installation on any pickup truck
- No modifications needed to the vehicle
- A wide selection of configuration options
- Unique self-zero adjustment
- A four-wheel drive provides more efficiency and safety for the operator
- Worst possible conditions will not compromise operation or safety
- Ensure that the flight control and pilots have the correct friction information for landing and takeoff (enough runway to make the aircraft come to a complete stop before the runway ends)
- Can be easily installed to any brand or type of pickup truck
- Utilisation of rental vehicles is possible
- Precise information on when to take necessary actions to remove snow, ice etc.
- Precise information on the surface structure of the runway and whether it needs to be improved
The Skiddometer Touch Screen Computer is used to record measuring data. It has been developed in close co-operation with several international airport customers, following the success story of older MI-series computers. The touch screen computer takes friction measuring to whole new level. It utilises commercial tablet computers. Software is designed to be used on any Android or Windows-based tablet on the market. Together with the Web Service, Touch Screen Computer is the most modern system available. CAN based communication allows easy integration of additional equipment and makes friction testing equipment to a multipurpose machine.
The computer has many advantages, including:
- Easy to use, large screen
- GPS with map view
- Screen display and printouts follow ICAO and FAA standards
- Unlimited measuring data saved on memory and Skiddometer Web Service accessible via web browser
- Printouts can be made from external printer in or outside the vehicle.