Changi Airports International (CAI) and Chongqing Airport Group (CAGC) have established a joint venture (JV) to oversee the development of the non-aeronautical businesses management at the Jiangbei International Airport in China.

Sino-Singapore Chongqing Airport Commercial Management has been formed as part of the Chongqing Connectivity Initiative (CCI).

CAGC holds a 51% stake in the JV while CAI owns the remaining 49% stake.

Changi Airports International CEO Lim Liang Song said: “Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport is a major aviation hub for airlines in Western China and we are honoured to be able to play a part in defining its commercial experience.

“The joint venture is an affirmation of our good working relationship with its management and their trust in our capabilities.”

“The joint venture is an affirmation of our good working relationship with its management and their trust in our capabilities, which started in 2008 when they appointed CAI to consult on the commercial development of one of its terminal.”

The JV will focus on enhancing the commercial landscape at the Chinese airport by introducing experiential concepts, along with new product categories and brands, to meet the changing need of passengers and visitors to the airport.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

It will also manage CIP facilities, car parks and advertising in the terminals and ground transport centre.

CCI was rolled out in November 2015 and is the third government-to-government project between Singapore and China.

It aims to develop financial services, aviation, transport and logistics, and information and communication technology in the city.

Chongqing Airport welcomed 41 million passengers last year and is said to be the ninth busiest airport in China.