ARTISYS ATC and ATM Systems
ARTISYS supplies a family of both operational and training ATC / ATM systems, based on nearly two decades of aviation experience in air traffic and airport operations.
The company was started in 1994 by three exANS research engineers. The first contract was Secondary Surveillance Radar displays for Czech Air Force, followed soon by the first version of complete Operational ATC System CATT for Czech Air Navigation Services. Soon after that ARTISYS entered the international market. Since then, we have successfully delivered operational systems and simulators around the world.
ARTISYS provides client-specific engineering services related to the entire life of the designed system, including:
- Service and maintenance
- System upgrades and extensions
Systems for ATC / ATM operations at airports
The products are designed as open system concepts with mutually interoperable and complementary components, which are integrated into products according to operational requirements. System architecture incorporating advanced technologies results in minimised maintenance, very high reliability, scalability and future extendibility with minimal costs.
- ATC / ATM system
- Integrated radar and 3D aerodrome simulator
- VCS – voice communications system
- INCA Profi – advanced exercise preparation tool for ATC simulators
- TMS – training management system
- Event monitor – airspace monitoring system
- Time reference system with clock
- Flight Strip Editor
The presented systems work with a whole range of aviation data in standard formats, such as ASTERIX, ICAO4444, ADEXP, as well as non-standard formats.
ATC / ATM system
Solutions for ANS providers include:
- TWR + APP/ACC
- Compact TWR System which may include RDPS, FDPS, warnings and alerts, ATC working positions, VCS, Time reference system with clock, synchronised recording and replay systems, and event monitor
Integrated radar and 3D aerodrome simulator
Training systems for ATC controllers and airport staff are widely configurable to provide:
- Single or multi-sector , ab initio, refresher or special training, as well as civil and military, part task or team training
- Fully user-definable, WGS84 compliant training for various airspaces worldwide
- Training for various ATC / ATM and VCS systems
The system is also configurable with simulators and has unique teaching functions and support for instructors and pseudo-pilots to provide efficient training. Features include:
- Radar simulator and 3D aerodrome simulator seamlessly integrated or operable separately based on actual workgroup configuration
- VCS fully integrated
- Operational ATC / ATM components in simulated context
- Voice recognition and synthesis
- Synchronised audio / video recording and replay system
- Time Reference System with clock synchronised with exercise
- INCA Profi with workload design, flights database and full simulation
- TMS training evaluation system
- Editors for operational databases, such as airspace, airports, aircraft performances, and VCS configurations
- Usable as contingency
ATC working position
The company offers a workstation used for ATC managing and displaying targets, flight strips, multilayer maps, weather information, with a range of functions expected by TWR-APP-ACC-PAR controllers.
Voice communications system
VCSs for communications over radio, telephones and intercom may serve in ATC operational environment, and also support all simulator requirements. Accessories include colour touchscreen LCD, headset w/mike and PTT (optional split ear), footswitch PTT, mike, loudspeakers, handset w/wo PTT, and LEMO connectors.
The VCS provides for digital or analog output and may also include voice or synchronised audio / video recording and replay system according to operational requirements. Interfaces include various types of telephone connections and radios. There are no limits in the number of frequencies and phone stations, and no vulnerable switching unit.
ATIS is designed to provide automatic transmission of voice messages with actual information for pilots in the frame of the air navigation services locations as a support equipment.
It is a fully digital system, capable of cooperating with both digital VoIP or analog radios inputs as well as with a number of other ATM systems through digital interfaces.
ATIS consists of:
- ATIS server single or redundant with automatic switchover
- ATIS workstations
- Internal recorder and player
- Radio interfaces and optional interfaces for recording and replay systems, voice recorders, PBX or VCSALIK (Acoustic Language Interface Kit)
- Technical Workstation
- Available as operational system as well as a component of traning facility in a simulator
- Can work as a standalone system or as a part of an integrated solution
- Based on interoperability capable to cooperate and integrate with other interoperable equipments from other manufacturers
- Natively integrated and consistent with the system environment of ARTISYS products
ATC simulation tools
We offer the INCA range of advanced tools for traffic, airspace and procedures design and simulation, which can be used for:
- Very efficient exercise preparation for multiple ATC simulators
- Airspace modelling and evaluation with various traffic samples and procedures
- Procedures modelling and evaluation with various traffic samples and airspace solutions
- Testing of emergency response procedures
INCA shows the air situation in a very comprehensive graphical radar window in the full airspace context.
INCA supports multiple databases of flights, airspaces, procedures, aircraft performances and weather profiles.
TMS: training management system
We offer efficient tools for training information centres, automated training evaluation and trainee / controller performance monitoring.
Event monitor: airspace monitoring system
We can supply independent surveillance systems capable of identifying and recording / replaying special events such as airspace incidents as a source of objective documentation for CAAs or ANS providers, or defence threats.
Time reference system
We also manufacture a GPS Synchronised Time Reference System with a clock that provides high-precision time management for aviation equipment.
The system has received ISO 9001: 2009 and CAA certificates.