Red Boxs’ Continued Success with the MOD
The Ministry Of Defence have just taken delivery of the second batch of the Red Box RBSC150, 150A continuous DC power supplies. They are being used to power their latest communication equipment so it was imperative that the units were of the highest build quality combined with reliability. This is why the Ministry Of Defence chose Red Box to supply the RBSC150.
Due to the equipment being used in a hostile environment down time is not an option, therefore, the Ministry Of Defence have now taken delivery of the Red Box PPS Battery back up unit to support each of the RBSC150’s.
Red Box International’s Managing Director, Allan Ross, says "We are delighted that the Ministry of Defence have such confidence in our systems that they continue to order more units for use in an environment where failure is not an option".
These power supplies have been designed to be lightweight for high portability in hangars and workshops, or can be rack mounted or wall mounted. Input is 190V-260V (110V units are available on request) single phase AC and a stable voltage is maintained in extreme conditions. These supplies will provide reliable high grade, stable, 28V power for powering communication systems, general maintenance, aircraft gear servicing, avionics work, crew training or weapons system checks on aircraft or armoured vehicles.
There are several variations of the RBSC with outputs of 50 amps, 100 amps, 150 amps or 200 amps, all at 28V DC. The units are available for a wide range of aircraft including private and corporate jets, rotary wing including Military and Police aircraft and also heavy-duty tactical support vehicles and armoured fighting vehicles. They are also ideal for laboratory or workshop use, the RBSC units are fully portable (via carry handle and/or trolley) allowing them to be taken directly onto an aircraft. The 50 amp and 100 amp units can be combined with a Red Box RB50A or RB75A portable battery start pack, on a lightweight trolley, for servicing and also starting of aircraft requiring up to 3,500 amps start power.
- Output 50, 100, 150 or 200 amps at 28V DC
- Compatible with 28V aircraft systems or armoured vehicle systems
- Input 190-230V AC (110V option up to 100A)
- Standard NATO 3 pin aircraft plug
- Output cables available up to 10 metres
- Trolley mounting available
- 50 amp or 100 amp units can be combined with trolley mounted Start Power packs
- Wide operating temperature -20 degrees C to + 50 degrees C
- Non-hazardous for air transport
- Man portable
- RCD protection
- Integral isolator switch (start power units)
- Full range of accessories and connectors available (NATO approved) to suit civil and military aircraft
- Robust and scratch resistant powder coated zinc coated steel case
- A full range of output leads are available, including the NATO aviation connector, link connector for the dual pack, plus connectors for heavy duty land vehicles