Veristore Recording Solutions for Air Traffic Control
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
PALSupport is a world class manufacturer of recording solutions for the modern ATC Community. Veristore recording systems are specifically designed to record and synchronously replay voice signals, ambient microphones, raw radar data, controller screen information and CCTV camera signals. They are fully compliant with the latest ICAO standards, modular in concept and easy to expand or upgrade when dictated by operational requirements or regulations.
Veristore recorders are proven to be reliable with a low cost of ownership backed by PALSupport guarantee to support their equipment for longer than anyone else in the marketplace.
ATC recording for voice, ambient microphones and radar
Voice, ambient microphones and 'Through-the-Wall' radar data are captured and stored in the Veristore Voice and Data Recorder, which has the following unique features:
- It is a future proof purpose designed recorder, which does not use COTS technology or a PC operating system
- The record process runs under the control of Static Code and is totally independent of the Recorder Interface PC, which is used to access the recorded data
- Data is recorded directly to the internal hard disk store using 16-bit digitisation with no coding or compression
- A read-after-write check is performed immediately after the data is written to disk and an alarm is raised if an error is identified
True 100% redundancy is achieved by using 2 totally independent recorders in parallel. These recorders do not communicate with each other and hence no data can ever be lost due to switchover between 'master' and 'stand-by' equipment.
Under these circumstances there is usually no legal requirement to archive to external media because there are two totally independent, complete and accurate copies of the data. However, any data held in the internal rolling store can be automatically or manually archived to Mini Drives if required.
ATC screen and CCTV recording
Controller screen information (ATG radar data) and CCTV camera signals are captured and stored by the Veristore Screen Recorder at a maximum rate of 20 frames per second.
- Maximum screen resolutions of 2k x 2k DVI or RGB and 2560 x 1600, DVI-DL can be recorded
- The use of a passive splitter allows the feed to the screen to be split without affecting the Controller display
- The screen display is recorded and replayed with no detectable loss of quality
ATC fully synchronised replay
Any of the data stored in the recorder internal stores can be immediately replayed at either the Central Management System (CMS) or at a Remote Replay Station.
The Veristore Software is a comprehensive package, which includes all of the monitoring and replay features as standard in one application. There are no additional software modules or hidden extra costs necessary to produce a fully compliant system.
- All of the data is retrieved directly from the recorder internal stores and replayed in perfect synchronisation
- Selected passages of data can be copied to Quarantine Files, which are secure and used for incident analysis
- Data files, which contain the data from multiple sources, can be saved to a CD/DVD or Mini Drive for password controlled replay on any PC without the need to download the Veristore Replay Software
ATC recording management
The CMS manages and monitors of all recorders in the system via a user friendly GUI that is straightforward and simple to use.
- A complete overview of the current status of all of the recorders is readily available
- The data to each of the recorders may be 'live monitored' with a maximum delay of 1 second from receipt of the data
- Comprehensive system and alarm logs are produced
Veristore alarm reporting
The Veristore Recording System has a comprehensive alarm structure.
- Contact closure alarms, which are independent of the Veristore software and can be transmitted directly to a Remote Alarm Panel, are generated by the recorders
- User configurable, alarms are generated by each of the Recorder Interface PCs and the CMS