Conveying Units for Baggage Handling Systems
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Transnorm is a leading global supplier of specialised conveying units for baggage handling systems.
Belt curve conveyors, merges, vertical switches / pivot conveyors and baggage lifts
Our belt curve conveyors, merges, vertical switches / pivot conveyors and baggage lifts are characterised by their modular construction, their ability to simply integrate into existing systems and their economical energy consumption.
Belt curve conveyors
As world market leaders in belt curve technology, Transnorm has supplied more than 80,000 units since 1968. The top 30 international airports use our belt curves around the clock.
Transnorm has achieved 'best in class' classification with regards to performance and reliability. This classification means that we are in demand as a development partner with system integrators around the world.
The company has manufacturing operations in Germany, the US and Malaysia, as well as further worldwide sales and service subsidiaries.
Reliable 90° and 180° belt curve conveyors
Synonymous with high speed, high reliability and the ability to cope with demanding loads, Transnorm belt curves set the industry standard. Whether our models are 90° or 180°, or flat or spiralled, reliability is always the top priority.
Special features of Transnorm belt curves include:
- Top performance at high speed with outstanding reliability during continuous operation
- Durability under extreme operating conditions such as desert or frosty climates
- Complete product range for all applications in the airport industry
- Precision engineering and low noise operation
- The lowest running costs, with years of low maintenance
- Patented belt-guidance technology with quick-lock fasteners
- Ease of integration into existing systems
Airport pivot conveyors
VertiSwitch™ TS 6600 pivot conveyors incorporate innovative construction with minimal energy consumption (reduced by 20% compared to other models) and light rugged design with a high level of reliability. They exceed the practical airport-specific performance standards, and their compact design makes them ideal for minimal space requirements.
They can be used for simple replacement of belt or conveying elements.
Conveyor belt merging equipment
The TS 6200 belt merge:
- Provides optimum power transmission for reliable operation and extremely quiet running
- Has a specially coated pulley to suit low-friction coefficients
- Is suitable for complicated loads such as airport baggage
- Can be changed from above
- Can have its conveying direction easily changed
Strip conveyor merging equipment
The TS 6290 strip merge provides high practical conveyor speeds coupled with extremely quiet running. It is suitable for complicated loads such as airport baggage.
It has recessed belt strips and a modular construction using 'belt cassettes'. Belt strips can be changed from above, and it can be run in either direction.
Fast, accurate and modular baggage lifters
TS VC51 airport baggage lifters have the following features:
- High acceleration values
- Positioning accuracy of just a few millimetres
- Low-vibration and low-noise operation
- Innovative lightweight construction
- Minimised energy consumption
- Simple modular construction to ensure an economically attractive solution
Powered face diverters
The TS 6500 Dynamic Power Plough powered face diverter has a simple and robust construction for moderately heavy unit loads.
Pulleys fitted with internal bearings ensure a minimal gap between the conveyor and deflector belt. Quiet and low-maintenance, these units have a long service life.