NORD DRIVESYSTEMS Drive Systems, Gear Units and Inverters for the Airport Industry
Whether for baggage handling, moving large hangar doors or perfectly positioning the passenger finger to the fuselage of an aircraft, NORD DRIVESYSTEMS provides the optimum drive solution for every application.
For more than 45 years, NORD DRIVESYSTEMS has been at home in almost every branch of industry, where conveyor solutions are used for internal transport logistics. Its drive components and systems are essential wherever things need to be moved, as every movement needs a drive system which is as efficient and reliable as possible. Because of this, NORD DRIVESYSTEMS offers a complete range of mechanical, electrical and electronic drive technology from a single source, from motors and gear units to central and decentralised control technology.
NORD DRIVESYSTEMS offers:
- Highest standards of technology and quality
- Comprehensive advice on systems and products
- High availability and fast service throughout the world
Drive systems for the airport industry
NORD DRIVESYSTEMS drive solutions are based on the principle of the function pyramid: motors, drives and gears are just as much components as the extensive range of system modules such as planning, project management, installation and service.
NORD DRIVESYSTEMS produces helical, parallel shaft, bevel gear and worm gear units.
Closed housing gear units
The UNICASE concept is a closed housing, which encloses all the elements of the gear unit and is milled from a solid block of steel or aluminium. NORD is the only manufacturer which produces modular industrial gear units with an output torque of 229,000Nm in a one-piece UNICASE housing.
Benefits of UNICASE gear units include:
- A single housing block in which all bearings are integrated
- Complete machining in one step
- High output torque capabilities
- High axial and radial loads
- Great reliability
- Long service life
- Quiet running
The NORDBLOC 1 gear unit offers foot or flange mounting, die-cast aluminium housing in five sizes, the UNICASE design and dimensions according to industrial standards.
The two-stage bevel gear drive unit has up to 97% efficiency, face-mounted, foot or flange mounted versions are available and it can have a hollow or solid shaft. It has a UNICASE design and offers an alternative to worn gear motors.
The helical worn-gear unit has face-mounted, foot or flange mounted versions; it can have a hollow or solid shaft and has the UNICASE design.
Frequency inverters for the airport industry
Frequency inverter SK 200E is designed for field installation or assembly directly on motor and offers costs savings in design, installation and commissioning compared to the classic cabinet installations. Additionally the flexibility in redesign or extension of application is easy and the EMC performace is improved by this way of installation. The inverter comes with many features, including:
- 200% overload performance
- Energy saving function
- Optional ASi on board
- Several optional plug and connection solutions
- Sensors and actors controlled by the inverter directly
With frequency inverters from the SK 500E series, NORD DRIVESYSTEMS provides intelligent, cost-effective drive solutions with graduated levels of equipment, which are fully compatible with regard to their power range, connection voltage and size.
The SK 500E inverter offers:
- Very competitive compact design
- Energy-saving function
- Performance tailored to the application, such as ‘posicon’ for positioning control
- Push-on modules for control and communication (field bus)
- Ethernet-based BUS systems
SK 200E inverters are available with almost the same range of functions as the SK 500E models. The spectrum of applications ranges from simple drive functions to complex positioning control.
The SK 200E inverter offers:
- Very robust unit in high protection class (up to IP66)
- Overload performace up to 150% for 60 seconds or 200% for 3.5 seconds
- Optional plugs for power and control signals (I/O – fieldbus)
- Sensors/actors can be connected to inverter and read/controlled via ASi/fieldbus
- Safe stop compliant with EN 954-1
- Commissioning via integrated DIP switches and potentiometer possible
- Energy-saving function
- Ethernet-based BUS systems
- Performance tailored to the application
- Decentralised modules in system network
- Integrated ‘posicon’ positioning control
- On-board version of AS interface
Inverter accessories include technology units, control units and encoder feedback systems. The technology unit can be mounted on the drive unit or wall-mounted. It has a potentiometer box, control unit and VO extension. The control unit has a Parameterbox, SimpleBox, PotiAdapter, DIP switches and it can be used with a PC or laptop with NORD CON software. The encoder feedback system has incremental, TTL / HTL / sin-cos and absolute, single or multi-turn encoders.
Products and Services
Thousands of Geared Motors Ensure Quick Turnaround at Frankfurt’s Hub Airport
Frankfurt Airport is expecting a steep rise in the volume of both freight and passenger traffic. Accordingly, the capacity is being enlarged. The new northwest runway has just become operational, a new terminal is in the planning stage, and in August 2012 the new A-Plus pier will be opened - increasing the number of A380 megaliners that can be processed simultaneously.
Frankfurt Airport is expecting a steep rise in the volume of both freight and passenger traffic. The new northwest runway has just become operational, a new terminal is in the planning stage, and in autumn 2012 the new A-Plus pier will be opened - increasing the number of A380 megaliners that can be processed simultaneously.Read more
NORD DRIVESYSTEMS, a global manufacturer, proudly announces its drives have been approved and listed in the specifications of the airport baggage handling systems consultant, BNP Associates.Read more
D - 22941
18 Stoney Way
3030 Derrimut, Victoria